Establishing a beauty regimen is about feeling your best and getting into a routine. Enjoy tips from professional makeup artist and NFMCPA Leader Against Pain Rachel Perrin's presentation at the Treating and Preventing Chronic Pain Conference in October 2015.
What’s important is finding what works for you!
A beauty regimen doesn't have to take more than five minutes. You can develop a routine that works best for you. When considering beauty care products, brand and expense don’t matter. Find beauty products that work for you! And remember, organic doesn’t necessarily mean better. Saving your energy? Try doing your makeup lying down.
Body: Good, inexpensive body moisturizers can be found at most drug stores. Sensitive skin products made by Seraphina, Cetaphil or Olay work well for most people.
Face: Soothing moisturizers for sensitive skin decrease redness on your face.
- Dermadoctor Calm, Cool & Corrected Anti-Redness Cream or
- A sensitive skin treatment from Rodan and Fields
Use a foundation with SPF that includes zinc and titanium if you have sensitive skin or any autoimmune disease. Tinted moisturizing foundation can bring redness down.
- Embryolisse BB Cream
- Loreal CC cream with green tint
Always settle foundation with powder to protect your skin with physical sunscreen and make your skin have a matte and more natural look.
Eyes: Use an under-eye crème that draws moisture into your skin and keeps it there.
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Eye Gel Cream (similar to Clinique’s Moisture Surge)
Use waterproof, gel eyeliner so you can clean it with an antibacterial wipe before every use. For eyeliner application, lift your eyelid and put gel eyeliner under eye. If mascara bothers your eyes, try a tubing mascara that wraps around the lash. Put mascara on with head tilted back so tears roll to side and don’t stream down face.
- Rachel suggests L’Oreal smoky 24-hour is water-resistant
Lips: Fix chapped lips with a homemade lip exfoliator. Mix sugar and a little bit of coconut oil to use as an all-natural sugar scrub. Cranberry lip gloss looks good on everyone!
- Using a coat of nail brightener gives a finished look very quickly.
- Spray beach spray on your hair and scrunch for added curl and shine.
- Make your own beach spray by adding argon oil to salt water.
- Use dry shampoo and conditioner so you don’t have to wash your hair every day. Powder or spray versions are available.