Your urgent attention is needed on an amendment up for vote today by our U.S. Senators. The Amendment 3435 to the Comprehensive Addiction and Recovery Act will direct the National Institutes of Health to intensify its research efforts on chronic pain and develop safe and effective treatments for chronic pain. This is critically important and your action can help to ensure that this important directive gets included in this bill!
Please take 2 minutes to Contact Senator Minority Leader Harry Reid today by 4 pm ET.
There are 3 ways that you can contact Senator Harry Reid to make your voice heard:
- Call 202-224-3542
- Say: I’m calling in regards to the Comprehensive Addiction and Recovery Act. I urge Senator Reid to drop his objection to the Schatz Amendment 3435. It is a bipartisan, non-controversial amendment that is critical to achieving a long-term solution to our nation’s chronic pain and opioid addiction crises.
- Visit: http://www.reid.senate.gov/contact
- Enter your contact information.
- In the ‘subject’ dropdown menu, choose ‘health.’
- Cut/paste the following text into the ‘Message’ box: Dear Senator Reid, Please drop your objection to the Schatz Amendment 3435 to the Comprehensive Addiction and Recovery Act. It is a bipartisan, non-controversial amendment that is critically important in achieving a long-term solution to our nation’s chronic pain and opioid addiction crises. Doing so will save lives!
- Cut/paste the following: @SenatorReid Please drop your objection to the bipartisan, non-controversial Schatz Amendment 3435 to CARA today – doing so will save lives!
Thank you for joining with us to help improve the lives of people with pain!