- Dr. Frank Rice
- Dr. James Wymer
TO REGISTER FOR THE FACEBOOK CHAT EVENT, click here.
For a segment of our community, dealing with co-existing fibromyalgia and neuropathy requires a better understanding of the two disease states, the implications of the potential overlap, as well as the impact on care and treatments. This Facebook Chat offers participants a unique opportunity to learn about -- and discuss -- fibromyalgia and neuropathy with our guest hosts -- Dr. Frank Rice and Dr. Charles Argoff of SUNY-Albany, including:
- The importance of recognizing the symptoms early;
- How fibromyalgia and neuropathy are diagnosed;
- The importance of determining the underlying causes of neuropathy, particularly in people with overlapping fibromyalgia and neuropathy;
- General treatment strategies for fibromyalgia and neuropathy;
- Resources that are available to individuals living with fibromyalgia and neuropathy;
- Ways to improve access to care and quality-of-life; and
- The importance of living your best life.
The Chat also aims to emphasize that living a productive life is possible with early diagnosis, symptom management, and regular follow-ups, but it requires active engagement by the patient in his/her own medical care along with the aid of an array of resources -- limited as they are -- that do currently exist.
We look forward to having you join us on July 16th for this Facebook Chat, which will be held on The Neuropathy Association’s Facebook page. A special thanks to our guest hosts for giving their time and expertise to speak with our community!
P.S.: If you do not use Facebook: You can still access the Chat "live" by visiting The Neuropathy Association's Facebook page, but you will not be able to join the conversation by posting comments. View the Neuropathy Association's Facebook page!