Dear NFMCPA Friends and Supporters,
If you had a magic wand to make all of your wishes come true, what would be on your list? Walt Disney was the master of creating fairy tale endings, and making wishes come true was his life’s work.
As we approach the end of 2014 I am struck by this year’s NFMCPA successes in actively representing and advocating for people with fibromyalgia and chronic pain in a broad variety of settings including:
- March 26, 2014 FDA Public Fibromyalgia Patient Focused Meeting in Silver Spring, Maryland;
- American Medical Association 2014 podium presentation;
- “Access to Pain Medication Survey” published in Practical Pain Management Journal; and
- Successful in-person Capitol Hill legislative meetings which influenced chronic pain patient rights to medication bill put onto Senate floor by Senators Orrin Hatch (R-UT) and Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI)(S2862) after passing the House of Representatives.
These accomplishments support my personal wishes for the people we serve and who live with the effects of chronic pain including:
- Funding for scientific research to find answers leading to successful treatments and cures;
- Guaranteed of access to appropriate and affordable care;
- A better quality of life and wellbeing;
- Expansion of scientific research to include holistic approaches such as spirituality to encompass the mind and body in healing;
- Education for healthcare professionals to better help their patients and then in partnership tackle chronic pain together;
- Eliminate stigmatization against people with invisible illness to return their dignity to them;
- Participation by insurance companies to support doctors who spend time with their patients to understand their concerns so they can help them; and
- Restoration of hope and joy to people who are lost in despair and anguish.
If only I had that magic wand to make these wishes come true immediately! What I do have is each of you. By giving your generosity throughout the year, you help make these wishes come true. No fairy godmother comes to our aid, but our united efforts to help ourselves and others with chronic pain will ultimately succeed in winning the individual battles we tackle every day.
To help make YOUR wishes come true, please make an end-of-year, 2014 tax deductible donation to the NFMCPA. Your financial support helps to ensure that advocacy and protection of your healthcare rights continue and that resources to help you find answers to your chronic pain conditions are protected and remain intact. Please click here to donate. Thank you!
It’s still not too late to "Wish Upon a Star" and make a 2014 tax-deductible donation to the National Fibromyalgia & Chronic Pain Association, a 501c3 charitable, nonprofit that provides fibromyalgia and chronic pain support, advocacy, resources, and awareness of millions of people who suffer with invisible pain conditions. Join others in the fight to help yourself and others with fibromyalgia and other chronic pain conditions.
My personal wish for you is a pain free and joyous holiday season,
Jan Chambers, President and Founder